We’re looking for a Creative Strategist (Mid to Senior) that’s passionate about the events and design industry to support our expanding business.
Objectives for the Role
Bompas & Parr is a creative studio, made up of architects, chefs, designers, marketeers, strategist and technologist. Through respected consultancy, delivering Location Based Experiences (LBEs) and writing publications, the studio challenges the world around us with radical creativity and a thirst for provoking innovation. The studio works with cultural institutions, attractions, Governments and placemaking develops to deliver this work. We’re a fast-paced, creative company who love what we do and do what we love – and we’re keen to work with someone who shares our outlook.
We’re looking for a Creative Strategist (Mid to Senior) that’s passionate about the events and design industry to support our expanding business. The successful candidate will use their expertise to generate brilliant creative strategy, guide thought pieces and innovate across the food, drink and entertainment industries.
Please note this role is based in our Studio in London, United Kingdom.
Objectives for this Role
You will develop forward thinking strategies and ideas for a wide range of clients, from governments to drinks brands. This is an exciting opportunity to also develop content ideas for our own Bompas & Parr brand. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in new business pitches and working with our clients to develop creative content.
The ideal candidate will possess a genuine passion for experiences and approach tasks through an innovative and creative lens, with cultural insight in mind. We want someone who can show ownership of achieving personal objectives through positive action. This role will require someone to have strong editorial judgement that is used to work across a range of media platforms. The Creative Strategist will have high level interpersonal skills in order to present to senior clients, and critique internal ideas if they don’t fit the client brief, whilst also providing insights and motivation to teams to drive projects forward. Finally, the ideal candidate will have a commercial understanding of projects from both an internal and external basis, to ensure we don’t go over budget and clients can see that ideas will secure revenue.
Creative Strategy & Ideation
- Work with the Strategy Director to drive great creative strategy across the studio, implementing a strategic process and vision across all teams
- Proactivity in content generation and strategy for Bompas & Parr’s own channels, ensuring pipelines are moving efficiently and deadlines are met
- Evaluate and, if necessary, alter the content of projects before completion and put this into actionable insights for clients.
- Drive the creative narrative and research
- Work closely with creative director to generate world first ideas
Client management and relationships
- Develop genuine and long-lasting relationships with clients and be totally ‘in tune’ with their business needs and subsequent opportunities
- Work with the Project Directors to develop a thorough understanding of the client’s brand, project objectives and KPI’s
- Work directly with the Senior Team to identify/research new markets and generate strategic work to feed into the new business strategy
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 4 years’ experience in a strategic role within an agency, ideally a creative/experiential design agency.
- Ability to guide teams through a creative process, and able to work quickly and efficiently to manage best ways forward
- Ability to explore new business avenues with clients and for studio through having knowledge on the industries we work across
- A track record of generating ideas and content for diverse brands and audiences.
- An enthusiasm for food, drink & entertainment
- Know how to innovate in order to generate future proof ideas
- Strong keynote skills in order to generate presentations that reflect both B&P and client values.
- Confidence and speed in idea generation that hits the objectives from a client brief
- Ability to always ask the why, and to develop justification to support creative ideas from studio team
- Write concept statements, brand positioning and copy for designs, help us to explain our work in the simplest and most compelling way possible
- To understand how trend cycles work and evolve
Salary and Benefits
- The salary band for this role is £38,000 – £44,000 depending on experience.
- Profit sharing bonus scheme
- 25 days of annual leave (including one wellness day) + eight Bank Holidays
- One additional day of holiday for each year worked (capped at five days) and at two years option of buying five days of holiday
- After one year of service, use of the studio’s Margate seafront holiday property (the Clay House)
- Private Medical insurance
- After five years of service: one month paid sabbatical
- After ten years of service: three month paid sabbatical
- Death in Service cover
- Weekly staff lunch
- Culture & training allowance and monthly culture outings
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity allowance following two years at Bompas & Parr
- Cycle to Work Scheme and Tech Scheme
- Christmas and summer company parties
- Celebrations of special events, such as birthdays and surprise events throughout the year
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill in the form below: With 250-500 words detailing why you feel you are a suitable candidate for this post and what attracts you to Bompas & Parr. Please attach a copy of your current CV (max 5mb) if you have a portfolio, you can also attach this.
Bompas & Parr is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, where all applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Bompas & Parr, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.