KSA Production & Event Manager
Bompas & Parr is currently working with a client in AlUla, there are currently a few different briefs in the pipeline, so we may well need an Onsite Production & Event Manager to join our project team to be responsible for bringing to life our highly creative and ambitious projects. Please note that we are not currently actively hiring for this position, however as these projects unfold we are likely going to need someone in this role or similar, so please do apply to register interest.
Objectives for the Role
- Manage the design and production offering of Bompas & Parr’s (B&P) restaurant experience in AlUla, Saudi Arabia, from load in, build, testing, tasting, throughout the live days and for de-rig and load out
- Capability to deliver spectacular experiences in the F&B restaurant industry.
- Lead on all stages of the onsite production process from planning, development to on-site install, maintenance, and de-rig, ensuring seamless integration of all elements.
- Uphold the integrity of the creative and see it realised in alignment with the client’s needs and expectations, with a specific focus on F&B offerings.
- Play a key, hands-on, collaborative role, managing the onsite production, seeing it brought to life in engaging, safe, and innovative ways that continually entertain.
- Work with the kitchen and production departments to ensure smooth operation of an immersive dining experience.
- Liaising with local suppliers to ensure deliveries are ordered and made in a timely manner.
- Ensure all aspects of running a live event are adhered to and compile daily reports with the management team to ensure best practice is implemented.
- Contribute to the creative process encompassing event and product ideas.
- Advise on creative solutions for ad-hoc project challenges.
- Continually look for and suggest external talent that we can collaborate with in the and build a trusted network of preferred suppliers and collaborators.
- Through research and natural curiosity, keep the studio informed and ahead of the latest industry trends.
- Review technical 2D and 3D drawings against production elements.
- Manage graphic design and artwork onsite requirements as required.
- Ensure the Events team is kept up-to-date with all creative and technical project developments.
- Be responsible for the production and build of projects, on-site build, and de-rig, ensuring smooth execution within a restaurant environment.
- Manage performers and the run of the show in restaurant setting.
- Be responsible for all health and safety affecting the design, installation, and operations within the restaurant.
- Manage all technical production requirements.
- Prepare and manage production timelines, adhering to the unique requirements of F&B experiences.
- Source suitable external suppliers such as fabricators and technicians with expertise in the F&B industry.
- Manage relationships with third-party contractors and suppliers to ensure creative and design are manifested as envisioned.
- Be responsible for build, installation, and maintenance of the restaurant.
- Ensure that everything is delivered on time and within budget while maintaining high production values that align with the provided designs.
- Manage contractor risk, including vetting of suppliers and methods on-site.
- Produce RAMS for installation work being carried out.
- Work within set budgetary restrictions and identify where production costs can be optimised.
- Input and source production costs for client quotes.
- Provide project financial reports for clients and internal use.
- Negotiate and contract third-party suppliers.
- Reconcile commercial and personal expenses once a month.
- Identify and solve problems that affect project profit and liaise with team members to resolve issues promptly.
- At least six years’ experience in event production and client services, delivering solutions in an agency environment, operating at a senior level, with a specific focus on F&B projects.
- Good presentation skills and ability to articulate creative ideas with flair.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google apps and Keynote.
- Experience of managing installs for events, particularly in the F&B industry.
- High level of self-motivation, discretion, diligence, and attention to detail, especially in the unique demands of restaurant experiences.
- Ability to prioritise and schedule in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to guide and steer away from project bottlenecks and guide internal teams across multiple work streams and cross-discipline projects.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Possess a genuine passion for events and F&B.
- Ensure that all work delivers against agreed objectives and surpasses clients’ expectations, while upholding company values.
- Experience of running culinary centric events in the GCC is desirable.
- Be flexible and adaptable, building strong and durable relationships with colleagues, suppliers, and clients alike.
- Best-in-class interpersonal skills, especially in client interactions.
- Strong team work ethic and willingness to deliver projects and overcome hurdles.
- Possess a clear passion and energy for Bompas & Parr.
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Be able to speak knowledgeably about all aspects of the work of Bompas & Parr and to support the organisation’s principal aims and objectives.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with the Directors and seek support from appropriate staff at the earliest opportunity should problems arise.
- Show ownership of achieving personal objectives yourself through positive action.
- Excellent English speaker, spoken Arabic desirable.
- Clean driving licence.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill in the form below: stating KSA EVENT MANAGER in the message field and 250-500 words detailing why you feel you are a suitable candidate for this post and what attracts you to Bompas & Parr. Please attach a copy of your current CV (max 5mb).
Please also include your day rate and availability to start.
Bompas & Parr is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, where all applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Bompas & Parr, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.