Imminent Future of Food 2018
Channeling the culinary zeitgeist
London, 2018: Bompas & Parr has released its first annual report into what we will be eating and drinking in the months and years to come. The Imminent Future of Food report constitutes the first official forward-looking predictions the studio has made into consumption and comes with the authority of a decade spent at the forefront of food and drink culture.
The report makes predictions for how our drinking and dining culture will adapt as it responds to changing global culinary influences, technological changes, scientific advancements and wider cultural movements.
In particular it signals how:
- dining with your food and drink, cultural or literary heroes will soon become possible even if they died centuries ago
- fasting will become a prevailing dieting trend
- African tastes, flavours and hospitality styles will become one of the leading culinary influences
- communal eating will drive technological advances to bring artificial intelligence to the dining table
- peer-to-peer eating will see diners use Uber-style interfaces to eat at each other's houses
Download a copy of the report here.